Rotorwash Magazine

helicopter. rotor. flight school. helicopters. fs2004. fsx. microsoft flight simulator. flight simulation. msfs. helicopter. rotor. flight school. helicopters. fs2004. fsx. microsoft flight simulator. flight simulation. msfs.

October 17, 2006

My very first impressions about helis in FSX

Like I said before, I received my copy of FSX a few days ago (actually I got it exactly one week ago). I must say I didn't have the time to take a very deep look at it - I think I must have only logged a couple of hours on it yet - but all my time was logged on the 206. By the way is worth to mention that the default FSX helicopters are the same ones as in FS9: The B206 and the R22.

One thing that will immediately hit you is that the flight model for helicopters is a bit easier; hovers are now easier to maintain since the helicopters are more stable. This is certainly going to please the average flight-simmer but in a rotorhead perspective, this is somewhat of a downside. I'm sure add-on developers will soon come around it.

What you'll also notice is that the anti-torque effectiveness is now constant. In FS9 the anti-torque would decrease effectiveness when you reduced collective and vice-versa. In FSX this doesn't happen anymore. Another upside - which, I must say, I haven't tried yet but there are reports from several simmers out there - is the ability to autorotate decently now. Pretty good!

I know this is not much of a review (it isn't meant to be one anyway) but I just wanted to give you my very first impressions on the helis in FSX. I'll try to write some more about it soon.

Keep hovering!!!

No comments:

helicopter. rotor. flight school. helicopters. fs2004. fsx. microsoft flight simulator. flight simulation. msfs. helicopter. rotor. flight school. helicopters. fs2004. fsx. microsoft flight simulator. flight simulation. msfs.